Teacher Resource Guides
Powerful Pictures: Representation and Storytelling – The AGGV’s Teacher Resource Guides!
This Teacher Resource Guide is easy to access, free to download and use in any classroom in Victoria, across BC and beyond. It features dynamic artwork by four thought-provoking, contemporary, Indigenous, Canadian-based artists from the Gallery’s collection: Sonny Assu, Terrance Houle, Meryl McMaster and Marianne Nicolson.
- Every fall, the Gallery offers half-day workshops in schools which are inspired by current Teacher Resource Guides! These are hands-on, experiential workshops featuring local artists that encourage collaboration, honouring of Indigenous worldviews, as well as critical and creative thinking. Co-facilitated by Gallery and volunteer educators and a featured local artist!
- Learn about these artists and their work as a class and explore FREE activities and projects for any/all grades, K-12.
- Discover how art engagement can inspire creative and critical thinking and connect us with our communities in meaningful ways!
- Interested in experiencing a workshop? Email: email@example.com for more information.
- *Please note that workshops are offered October-November on Wednesdays from 9am-12pm.
***Please note that the half-day workshops are fully booked for this year. Thank you so much for your interest!***