Welcome to the AGGV Studio
We offer a selection of classes, workshops and camps throughout the year for learners of ALL AGES!
In-person classes at the AGGV Studio
Come join us at the AGGV Studio for some small in-person art experiences.
Making fantastic art while being attentive to the health and safety of us all has led to the introduction of the following plan for our in-person programs:
• Small class size of 4 learners
• Individual tables and art supplies
• Support mindful physical distancing and the use of non-medical facemasks
• Parents/caregivers are asked to drop off learners at the Studio door – no entry unless you are part of the class
• Health check at drop-off
• Learners are encouraged to dress comfortably for art-making and if desired, bring along their own art smock or apron (we will no longer provide access to Studio ones)
• Hand hygiene! Frequent hand washing for learners and instructors
• Work spaces will be disinfected between classes
• High touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected
• We ask learners and instructors to stay home if they are sick
This plan is in addition to the general AGGV covid-19 safety plan that can be found here: https://aggv.ca/aggv-covid-19-saftey-plan/
Classes will take place at the AGGV Studio, located at 1040 Moss Street and are subject to change based on the up-to-date BC provincial health and safety guidelines.
Online Classes and Workshops
Join the AGGV Studio on Zoom for some unique virtual art experiences.
We have some fun “art experiences” that are designed to be done at home. We want to bring the charm of our little Studio to your house where our lovely instructors will be there to guide, encourage and support via a live Zoom online group hangout. PLUS we have specially curated an art experience materials kit that will full of supplies needed to create the art-tastic creations (the kits will be available for pick-up prior to the class start date). We will also provide a small list of additional materials commonly found at home that can supplement our special art experience kits.
Since we all don’t have an art studio at home or even vast amounts of space, we have tried to offer some majorly expressive and fun projects which are not too messy or require lots of time to dry.
Each online class will meet at scheduled time for a live online Zoom hangout where we will come together as a group and then dive into our art projects.
• Participants will use their art experience kit at home and engage in the class via scheduled live online hangouts and offline after the hangout, if desired.
• Participants will need access to a stable internet connection, a Zoom account, a computer, laptop or tablet with a camera and microphone and a dedicated space to make art.
• The hangouts are live and will not be recorded.
• In regards to online programs for children, parental guidance is welcome but not mandatory.
FYI… If you live outside of the Greater Victoria area and are interested in participating in one of our online classes, please contact Oona McClure (studio coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about having a materials kit sent to you or for assistance in sourcing materials in your home community.