You are invited to join us on an art tour to see:
Lawren Harris: Canadian Visionary | A Terrible Beauty: Edward Burtynsky
The Vancouver Art Gallery is currently showcasing the work of two of Canada’s most celebrated artists - the boldly stylized early 20th century paintings of Group of Seven founding member Lawren Harris, and the stunning 21st century environmental impact photographs of Edward Burtynsky. One of Harris’s sketchbooks, which reflects his transition to a non-representational expression of the spiritual, is also on view for the first time. We will have a one-hour guided tour of the Harris Exhibit, starting at 1pm. There will be 2 - 2.5 hours free time following the tour to visit the Edward Burtynsky exhibition and the rest of the Gallery and browse the excellent gift shop.
- Members of Gallery Associates: $120
- Non-members: $130
- Under 65 surcharge + $17
bus transportation and 50 % ferry fare guided tour of Lawren Harris exhibition
- Payable by cheque to the Gallery Associates, delivered or mailed to the Gallery
- Reservations may be made at the Gallery, or by contacting Aldyth Hunter or, if still available, at the Associates meeting April 11.
- As this is a Gallery Associates fundraiser, payment is non-refundable after April 8.
- Pick up times for the 9:00 am ferry: Oak Bay Marina 7:00 am, Mayfair Mall 7:30 am. and Mary Winspear Centre, Sidney, 8:00 am.
- Return Bus departs from the Vancouver Art Gallery at 5:00 pm for the 7:00 pm ferry home.
- Drop off at Mary Winspear Centre at 8:45 pm, Mayfair Mall at 9:00 pm, and the Oak Bay Marina at 9:30 pm.
- Reservations through Aldyth Hunter Ph: 250-598-0003