Photo: Peter Reid
To register your child for upcoming programs, call 250-384.4171 ext.0 or visit us in person.
Join us in the Children's Art Studio where our dedicated teachers introduce new techniques, build confidence and encourage the creative process. Students will experience a full "art immersion", visiting current gallery exhibitions to inspire their creation in the studio. The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria is the ideal place for children to explore visual culture and express their own creative vision!
For more information on children’s art programming at the Gallery, please contact Sandi Henrich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for Winter Session begins Saturday, November 16 at 10 am in person or by calling 250.384.4171 ext 0.
1) Please make sure that your child is ready to make a commitment to the class. Some children are not ready to be separated from their parents and we unfortunately cannot accommodate parents staying in the classroom – unless taking part in a Baby Picasso class. Refunds will not be issued in this instance - please prepare your child to participate in the studio.
2) If you need to cancel your registration, a partial gallery credit is possible, if you let us know 1 week before the start of the FIRST class to allow us time to fill the vacancy. All cancellations are subject to a $25.00 administration fee. There are no cash refunds. Refunds will be distributed in the form of a Gallery credit only.
4) In the case of serious illness (accompanied by a doctor’s note) or a family emergency, cancellation of a ten week class (Fall/Winter/Spring) or five day class (Summer) can be negotiated with the Gallery Educator. Any classes attended will be charged for with remaining reimbursement to be negotiated with the Educator. A $25 administration fee will also be deducted.
5) If the Gallery must cancel a class due to extenuating circumstances, parents will be given at least 72 hours notification and a full cash refund.
6) Late registrations (after classes have started) can be arranged with the Educator if there is space in the class requested and the full amount of all classes are paid in full. Cancellations for late registrants are subject to the same conditions above.
The studio requires a minimum number of registrants to run classes. Their tuition covers the instructor's fees and materials and ensures the studio makes the revenue it needs to be effective - cancellations can jeopardize this balance which is why the Gallery secures registrations with this policy. The Gallery does not "pro-rate" classes, they are sold as packages. The studio policy ensures students get the best possible experience and attention from their sessions.